On Friday I attempted a lyrics trivia post and learned something about all of you. You’re just not that into it. You liked the movie trivia post. Maybe this one was too difficult? I forget how easy things are when I know the answers, haha. Or can it be that I’m the only one still interested in music from thirty years ago? Live and learn. That’s what it’s all about.
Anyway, here are the answers to the music trivia post:
1. How long has it been since you took your love away? Answer: “It’s been seven hours and fifteen days/Since you took your love away.” Remember now? Sinead O’Connor and the face video? I heard this song recently and it inspired this entire post. It has been stuck in my head ever since (actually, for about seven hours and fifteen days . . . ). Song: Nothing Compares 2 U.
2. How tall was the muscled man who you asked if he speak-a your language? Answer: 6′ 4″. “He was six foot four, and full of muscles.” Then the song goes on: “I said, ‘Do you speak-a my language?’/He just smiled a gave me a Vegemite sandwich.” Which I have to admit I thought was “a bite of my sandwich,” but according to azlyrics dot com (I’m scared to provide the link), ’tis not. Men At Work. Song: Down Under.
3. Who has a cherry ice cream smile? Answer: Rio. Duran Duran. “Cherry ice cream smile/I suppose it’s very nice.” Remember she knows she’s something special and she looks like, she’s the best? Duran Duran songs always put me in a good mood.
4. What is ALL I want to say to you? Answer: De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. The Police. “De do do do, De da da da/Is all I want to say to you.” Dancing around to songs by The Police also puts me in a good mood.
5. Who is always Mister Right? Answer: the Boy with the Cold Hard Cash. Just ask Madonna. “Because the boy with the cold hard cash is always Mr. Right . . .” Song: Material Girl. I coveted the pink, strapless satin dress she wore in the video.
6. What do you do if you wanna make the world a better place? Answer: “If you wanna make the world a better place/Take a look at yourself and make a change.” Michael Jackson. Song: Man in the Mirror. I watched Michael in concert (the Bad tour) from about the 10th row and I must say it was incredible. He sang this song as an encore and he was all emotional and sweaty and crying and it was amazing. So glad I had that experience.
7. What’s the long history of that real tough cookie? Answer: Breaking Little Hearts. “You’re a real tough cookie with a long history/Of breaking little hearts like the one in me.” Pat Benatar. Song: Hit Me With Your Best Shot. Did you know she started her singing career as a mezzo-soprano “coloratura?” That’s a classical vocalist and I think has something to do with opera.
8. If your colors were like my dream, what colors would they be? Answer: Red, gold and green. “Lovin’ would be easy if your colors were like my dream/Red, gold and green/Red, gold and green.” Culture Club. Song: Karma Chameleon. Go ahead, sing it! It will be stuck in your head for days: “Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma cha-mel-e-on, you come and go, you come and gooooooo” (heh heh, you’re welcome).
9. You could take me to hell and back just as long as . . . what? Answer: We’re together. “Baby you can take me to hell and back just as long as we’re together/And you do.” Wham! Song: Freedom. Recently I heard this song at Pizzeria Uno and tagged it on my Shazam app (Do you all have the Shazam app? If not, you must get it.) and later decided I’d just have to buy it. Then I listened to the song about a hundred times and bought “Careless Whisper.” Then I pondered if I am a spendthrift and decided to control my Wham! purchases for awhile.
10. Where does Gina work all day? Answer: The Diner. “Gina works the diner all day/Working for her man she brings home her pay for love/For love.” Bon Jovi. Song: Livin’ on a Prayer. We all know about Gina and Tommy, yes? Tommy used to work on the docks… the union’s been on strike… he’s down on his luck…. it’s tough. So tough.
Thanks for playing along! Tomorrow I’m going to try the Daily Post Weekly Writing Challenge. It’s a good one this week. You can see it here, if you want to give it a try with me. Have a nice night.