Many thanks to ish ism for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Go visit his blog and check out this post.
The Liebster Award is a fun way to recognize and promote new up and coming blogs of a good standard with less than 200 followers. Nominees are asked to:
1. Post eleven facts about themselves.
2. Answer the eleven questions they’ve been asked.
3. Nominate eleven other blogs and ask them eleven questions of their own.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
*There are no actual prizes awarded. Just recognition by fellow bloggers.
Below are 11 facts about me, the 11 questions I had to answer, my nominees, and 11 questions for my nominees. Thanks again, drishism at Ish Ism, for the nomination! I had fun with it.
Eleven Facts about Jess
- I love and like my husband and my kids. It’s a blessing.
- I haven’t been on a plane since 2002.
- Despite previous posts where I pick on my brother, I actually think he’s pretty cool.
- I was a dancer for the first twenty years of my life–ballet, tap, jazz. I even taught dance.
- I love a good love triangle. For the record, I am Team Peeta, Team Edward, prefer Dylan over Brandon, Pacey over Dawson, Ben over Noel, and I want Elena to pick Damon on The Vampire Diaries.
- I don’t suffer from celiac disease, but I eat gluten-free because it makes me feel more energized and less bloated.
- I like the Yankees. All my life. My first crush was on Bucky Dent.
- I would lounge on the couch all day if I had the opportunity. Not kidding.
- I am a Jersey Girl. In the 80’s I had big hair, I’ve been to more than five Bon Jovi concerts, and I can’t pump gas. That being said, I am not Snooki.
- I have a healthy crush on The Rock, a girl crush on Beyonce, and a totally inappropriate crush on Justin Bieber.
- I’m fairly certain that if Eddie Vedder ever met me, he’d leave his wife and try to steal me from my husband. Seriously. We’re connected on a higher level. (I envision my husband either fighting him to the death for me, or letting me go and then hitting us up for alimony. It’s a toss up.).
Eleven Questions from Ish Ism
- On average, how much time do you spend blogging every week? About six hours.
- Wine, Beer, or Water? Water.
- When you were five years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A ballerina.
- Will there be a woman president in your lifetime? Hell yeah!
- Time travel exists: What time period would you go to? Back to the 50’s to wear poodle skirts and ponytails.
- Do you believe bigfoot exists? Yes. Anything is possible.
- What city in the world have you not visited that you still want to visit? Los Angeles.
- If aliens landed on earth and asked you to come back to their planet for a visit, would you go? Not unless Will Smith was coming too.
- What are you allergic to? Nastiness.
- If you could have dinner with any one fictional person, who would it be and why? I would have dinner at Applebees with Michael Scott and beg him to go back to Dunder Mifflin.
- What is your favorite part about blogging? The supportive citizens of Blogtropolis, and the new friendships I am forming.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award
Eleven Questions for My Nominees
- Where was your last vacation and would you go back?
- Where do you do your blogging?
- You are stuck in an elevator with one person. Who do you want that person to be?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- Iced coffee, hot coffee, iced tea, or hot tea?
- Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are in an all-out brawl. Who’s your money on?
- If you could date anyone in the Ocean’s Eleven cast, who would you pick?
- Is Hillary Swank “hot”?
- If you had a month off, what would you do?
- What makes the world go around?
- What are three words that describe you?
This was a tons of fun and such an honor! Please check out the blogs I’ve nominated. They all have something special to offer. Thanks for reading!
21 thoughts on “The Liebster Award”
Congratulations! You have such a wonderful combination of artistry and accessibility, packaged in niceness. You deserve the kudos.
So, you’re a dancer, a newly celebrated writer. What’s next? Athlete? The next Olympics are in Rio in a little over 3 years. You could do it!
Thanks David. Unfortunately I have zero athletic ability so I don’t think the Olympics are on my future 😦 Rio sure does sound nice (except for the plane part). Thanks for all of your support.
Thanks so much for the nomination! I’m truly honored! More importantly – I loved the 11 questions and 11 things about you, it is fun finding out about others and your answers were greatness!
Thanks! It was fun. I look forward to your post if you decide to participate!
Thank you 🙂
OBVIOUSLY your next post needs to feature pictures of said 80s hair!! I’m still hoping that trend comes back since I kinda missed it the first time…loved reading this 🙂 and thanks again for the nomination, so honored! Will work on my 11 questions asap!
I look forward to your post and I am glad you will participate. 80s hair was a LOT of work! But the results were worth it. Maybe we can get off the shoulder sweatshirts back in style too 🙂
all done, woo! (http://londonlately.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/liebster-awards-ahoy/) haha i’m sure we would find a willing audience for the sweatshirts (and neon headbands?)
Absolutely! Loved your post on Liebster. Thanks for playing.
I thought the Liebster was fun and I’m glad you enjoyed it!! I’ve started following some of the blogs you nominated because they seem pretty cool.
And, I too am allergic to nastiness.
Congratulations for the award and many thanks for nominating me, Jess.
I am honoured to receive this award. I will be participating and doing a post on it tonight. Love your 11 questions :))))))
You’re welcome! I’m glad you are going to do it and look forward to your post. 🙂
I have posted my response to The Liebster Award you nominated me for. Thank you once again. You can check it out here: http://beyondbeautytips.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/getting-recognized-the-liebster-award/
It was excellent!! Thanks for sharing and participating.