Hello Blogtropolis! It has been over a week since my last post and I miss you! Just some quick odds and ends tonight to keep in touch.
Here’s a Top Ten of what’s on my mind:
1. Work. Work = Blah, Blech, Yuck, Yada Yada. Work really does interfere with life, doesn’t it? Enough said.
2. Writing. Angela and I are busy meeting a deadline for submitting a screenplay to a film festival (sounds fancy, I know). Edits, rewrites, etc. need to be completed by Friday. She has done a lot of work on the project and now I’m up to the plate, hoping not to strike out! I’m also super jealous that she’s enjoying Cali for a few days and I am stuck at work (see # 1, above) in Trenton. We compared our outdoor views today via text pics and I’ll let you guess who had the better view. I’m also working on a rewrite of one of my own projects.
3. I am going to be “sick” tomorrow (see #1) and spending the day at The Philadelphia Zoo with sixty third graders in 92 degree heat. I had hoped to sign the permission slip for this trip and kiss the kid goodbye on zoo day with his disposable lunch and some money for the gift shop, but he looked at me with those big brown eyes and asked me to chaperone “like the other moms,” so how could I say no? I anticipate a headache and a sunburn tomorrow night.
4. Special thanks to my friend Lauren for introducing me to Gossip Girl. By “thank you” I actually mean “thanks a lot for spearheading a crack-like addiction.” I am sucked into the drama in the middle of Season One and obsessed with Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) with her beautiful hair and complicated love life, and the grungy Brooklyn art gallery dad Rufus (Matthew Settle) who is like the coolest dad ever, and the almost-too-pretty-to-look-at Chace Crawford. Being in the middle of not one, but two writing projects is not conducive to a growing Gossip Girl addiction. Damn you Netflix, for being so awesome! Lauren and Netflix did this to me once before with Friday Night Lights and I ended up watching five seasons in about three months (“Texas Forever”) and fell in love with Taylor Kitsch. Now it’s starting again. While I’m on the topic, ready fans? Tim Riggins vs. Nate Archibald. GO!
5. Father Handsome. Speaking of crushes, my mother and I have an inappropriate crush on a priest who she has deemed “Father Handsome.” Father Handsome said mass Sunday which prompted me to spend $1.99 to download The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough onto my Kindle. I remember watching the miniseries on television in 1983 and I think I’ve read the book before but I’m going to read it again now as an adult. Any fans?
6. Tornadoes suck. Thoughts and prayers to those in Oklahoma. I can’t believe the pictures and news I’m reading. Is there anything that can be done to prevent disasters like these? Mother Nature can’t be tamed or brought to justice. We are all at Her mercy.
7. NBA Playoffs. The Knicks are out but the Pacers-Heat matchup is turning into an interesting series (tied at 2-2). Does anyone else find sports way more enjoyable when you don’t really care who wins? It’s so stress-free. A totally different experience. It’s also quieter since my husband isn’t cursing at the television.
8. I found out that Chaturanga Man, (you remember my yoga instructor, yes?) is a pharmacist. This discovery weirded me out a bit. Does it make sense? On Sunday he wore a shirt that displayed three words. The first two words were “Karma” and “Dharma,” but the third word was hidden, bunched around his waist area. I would have died if it said “Pharma,” but it didn’t. It said “Zen.” I would look for a pic of the shirt and post it but I don’t want WordPress to have a freak out and shut me down.
9. Is anybody following this Mexico Mom Drug Bust story? This devout Mormon woman (a mom of seven) goes to Mexico for a funeral and gets on the bus to come home and the bus gets stopped by Mexican authorities who find twelve pounds of marijuana under her seat. She claims she was set up and surmises that the authorities wanted to bribe her. In fact, according to the news report the authorities told the woman and her husband that $5000 would secure her freedom, but when the husband scrapped together the money the woman was not released– they claimed she’d been transferred to another jail. I think I believe her story. Am I nuts?
10. Apologies for my WordPress absence. I haven’t posted or read my followed blogs recently but as soon as I get these projects moving, I’ll be back! Be on the lookout for my next post which I think is going to be about The Love Boat. Yep, that Love Boat.
Have a nice night!
(Pics: Taylor, http://www.ourbestbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tim-riggins.jpg; Chace, http://amumag.com/images/2013/02/Chace-Crawford-photo.jpg )